Design and Production Intern
Seeking a driven and hardworking assistant designer to help in all aspects of the design and production process. Must work well in a fast-paced environment and be willing to learn and assist with tasks un-related to design and production as well.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Planning and assisting in photoshoots
- Sourcing for trims, fabric, etc.
- Helping at the studio/showroom to assist with appointments, daily operations, upkeep and maintenance
- Assisting with production planning from sample stages through final production, deliveries and shipments.
- Updating and organizing inventory
- Communicating with factories, vendors, etc. daily to ensure on-time deliveries and high levels of quality
- Assisting with fulfillment and customer service
- Managing and helping with showroom appointments
- Comfortable visiting and communicating with factories in NYC
- Knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint, Word.
- Knowledge of Adobe Suite preferred.
- Strong taste level and knowledge of the designer market
- Knowledge of the South Asian, Indian, and Indowestern clothing market.
- Strong written and visual communication.
- Detail oriented and self-starting.
- Availability to work at our Midtown office/showroom 2-3 days/week. Flexibile hours and possibility to work remotely at certain times.